Main Outcome Measures
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Condom use rates in a national probability sample of males and females ages 14 to 94 in the United States.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 266-276
- Women's vibrator use in romantic relationships: Results from a nationally representative survey in the United States.J Sex Marital Ther. 2010; 36: 49-65
- Motivations for condom use: Do pregnancy prevention goals undermine disease prevention among heterosexual young adults?.Health Psychol. 1999; 18: 464-474
- To lube or not to lube: Experiences and perceptions of lubricant use in women with and without dyspareunia.J Sex Med. 2012; 9: 240-250
- Preferences and practices related to vaginal lubrication: Implications for microbicide acceptability and clinical testing.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2005; 14: 424-433
- The ins and outs of vaginal lubrication.Sex Relat Ther. 2003; 18: 509-513
- Association of lubricant use with women's sexual pleasure, sexual satisfaction and genital symptoms: A prospective daily diary study.J Sex Med. 2011; 8: 202-212
- Condom attitudes and behaviors among injection drug users participating in California syringe exchange programs.AIDS Behav. 2005; 9: 423-432
- Condom slippage and breakage rates.Fam Plann Perspect. 1992; 24: 20-23
- Why do condoms break or slip off in use? An exploratory study.Int J STD AIDS. 1995; 6: 11-18
- An event‐level analysis of adding exogenous lubricant to condoms in a sample of men who have vaginal sex with women.J Sex Med. 2012; 9: 672-678
- Comparative evaluation of three TactylonTM condoms and a latex condom during vaginal intercourse: Breakage and slippage.Contraception. 2000; 61: 205-215
Sitt P. In‐home sex‐toy sales make for naughty‐but increasingly mainstream‐fun. Seattle Times. February 2, 2004. Available at: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20040202&slug=sextoys02 (accessed September 11, 2012).
Titunk V. Mainstreaming sex toys through better design‐and conversation. The New York Times. May 25, 2012. Available at: http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/25/mainstreaming‐sex‐toys‐through‐better‐design‐and‐conversation/ (accessed September 11, 2012).
CDC. Male latex condoms and sexually transmitted diseases. 2010. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/condomeffectiveness/condoms.pdf (accessed January 25, 2010).
- HIV knowledge and associated factors among internet‐using men who have sex with men (MSM) in South Africa and the United States.PLoS One. 2012; 7: 1-8
- Condom‐related problems among a racially diverse sample of young men who have sex with men.AIDS Behav. 2011; 15: 1342-1346
- Men who have sex with men account for nonuse of condoms.Qual Health Res. 2009; 19: 1669-1677
- Sexual behavior in the United States: Results from a national probability sample of males and females ages 14 to 94.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 255-265
- Sexual behaviors, relationships, and perceived health among adult women in the United States: Results from a national probability sample.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 277-290
- Sexual behaviors, relationships, and perceived health among adult men in the United States: Results from a national probability sample.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 291-304
- Sexual behaviors and condom use at last vaginal intercourse: A national sample of adolescents ages 14 to 17 years.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 305-314
- Sexual health among US black and Hispanic men and women: A nationally representative study.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 330-345
- An event‐level analysis of the sexual characteristics and composition among adults ages 18 to 59: Results from a national probability sample in the United States.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 346-361
- Condom use during most recent vaginal intercourse event among a probability sample of adults in the United States.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 362-373
- Sexual behaviors, condom use, and sexual health of Americans over 50: Implications for sexual health promotion for aging adults.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 315-329
- Prevalence, frequency, and associations of masturbation with other sexual behaviors among adolescents living in the United States of America.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 1087-1093
- Prevalence and characteristics of vibrator use by women in the United States: Results from a nationally representative study.J Sex Med. 2009; 6: 1857-1866
- Prevalence and characteristics of vibrator use by men in the United States.J Sex Med. 2009; 6: 1867-1874
- Use of the Internet and e‐mail for health care information: Results from a national survey.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2400-2406
- Who failed to enroll in Medicare Part D, and why? Early results.Health Aff (Millwood). 2006; 25: 344-354
- Nationwide longitudinal study of psychological responses to September 11.JAMA. 2002; 288: 1235-1244
U.S. Census Bureau. Current Population Survey December 2008. 1994. Available at: http://www.bls.census.gov/ferretftp.htm (accessed June 9, 2010).
- Condom use and HIV risk among US adults.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 912-914
- National trends in condom use among at‐risk heterosexuals in the United States.J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2001; 27: 176-182
- Measuring HIV risk in the U.S. population aged 15–44: Results from Cycle 6 of the National Survey of Family Growth.Adv Data. 2006; 377: 1-27
- Development of adolescent self‐report measures from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Heath.J Adolesc Health. 2001; 28: 73-81
- Youth risk behavior surveillance—United States, 1999.MMWR CDC Surveill Summ. 2000; 49: 1-32
- Condom use at last sex as a proxy for other measures of condom use: Is it good enough?.Adolescence. 2008; 43: 927-931