One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Combating counterfeit drugs [editorial].Lancet. 2008; 371: 1551
Pitts P. Counterfeit drug sales to reach $75 billion by 2010, report says. The Heartland Institute. November 1, 2005. Available at: http://www.heartland.org/publications/health%20care/article/17948/Counterfeit_Drug_Sales_to_Reach_75_Billion_by_2010_Report_Says.html (accessed August 16, 2012).
- Beef up international cooperation on counterfeits.Nat Med. 2010; 16: 366
Intellectual Property Rights. Fiscal Year 2010 Seizure Statistics—Final Report. In: U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ed; 2011.
FY 2005 Top IPR Commodities Seized. In: U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ed. Los Angeles, CA, USA; 2005. Available at: http://www.docstoc.com/docs/38960937/Department‐of‐Homeland‐Security‐US‐Customs‐and‐Border‐Protection (accessed August 16, 2012).
Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency. Counterfeit medicines and devices. Available at: http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/Generalsafetyinformationandadvice/Adviceandinformationforconsumers/Counterfeitmedicinesanddevices/index.htm. (accessed August 16, 2012).
- The growing concerns regarding counterfeit medications.J Sex Med. 2011; 8: 1-3
- Counterfeit medicines. Bitter pills.BMJ. 2007; 335: 1120-1121
Dorsey PJ, Hellstrom WJ. The illicit sale of medications for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Medscape Urology 2007. Available at: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/566897 (accessed August 16, 2012).
- Cracking counterfeit.Pfizer Inc, 2008
Internet Drug Outlet Identification Program—Progress Report for State and Federal Regulators: July 2011. Mount Prospect, IL: National Association of Boards of Pharmacy; 2011. Available at: http://www.nabp.net/news/assets/IDOIReportJuly7_11.pdf. (accessed August 2012).
The National Center of Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University. “You've Got Drugs!” V: Prescription Drug Pushers on the Internet. New York: Colombia University; 2008.
- The availability of prescription‐only analgesics purchased from the internet in the UK.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2009; 67: 250-254
European Alliance for Access to Safe Medicines. The counterfeiting superhighway. Medicom Group Ltd. Available at: http://v35.pixelcms.com/ams/assets/312296678531/455_EAASM_counterfeiting%20report_020608.pdf (accessed August 16, 2012).
- The availability of web sites offering to sell opioid medications without prescriptions.Am J Psychiatry. 2006; 163: 1233-1238
World Health Organization International Medical Products Anti‐Counterfeiting Taskforce. Counterfeit drugs kill! 2008. Available at: http://www.who.int/impact/FinalBrochureWHA2008a.pdf (accessed August 16, 2012).
European Committee on Crime Problems, Committee of Experts on the Operation of European Conventions in the Penal Field. Opinion on Parliamentary Assembly Recommendation 1673 (2004): Counterfeiting: Problems and solutions. Available at: http://www.assembly.coe.int/ASP/Doc/ATListingDetails_E.asp?ATID=10558 (accessed August 16, 2012).
- Assessing the problem of counterfeit medications in the United Kingdom.Int J Clin Pract. 2012; 66: 241-250
The Partnership at Drugfree.org. 36 million Americans have bought medications online without a doctor's prescription. Research about dangerous practice—and the 11 internet commerce companies partnering together to protect patients—announced as part of White House Forum: Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies; 2010. Available at: http://www.prnewswire.com/news‐releases/36‐million‐americans‐have‐bought‐medications‐online‐without‐a‐doctors‐prescription‐111868434.html (accessed August 16, 2012).
Hirschler B. Europeans spend billions on fake medicines: Survey: Reuters. 2010.
InPharm.com. 77 million Europeans fuelling counterfeits market. 2010. Available at: http://www.inpharm.com/news/77‐million‐europeans‐fuelling‐counterfeits‐market (accessed August 16, 2012).
Aegate. Cost and convenience; reasons why consumers ignore dangers of buying fake drugs online. 2010.
- Sildenafil (Viagra) is used as a recreational drug in England.BMJ. 1999; 318: 669
- Recreational use of phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors by healthy young men.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 3736-3742
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor abuse: A critical review.Curr Drug Abuse Rev. 2011; 4: 87-94
Expatica.com. Fake drugs trade on the rise in the EU. 2009. Available at: http://www.expatica.com/de/news/german‐news/Fake‐drugs‐trade‐on‐the‐rise‐in‐the‐EU‐_58769.html (accessed August 16, 2012).
- Counterfeit phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors pose significant safety risks.Int J Clin Pract. 2010; 64: 497-504
- Online prescribing of sildenafil (Viagra) on the World Wide Web.J Med Internet Res. 1999; 1: e10
- An unusual outbreak of hypoglycemia.N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 734-736
- Risk of medicines: Counterfeit drugs.Int J Risk Saf Med. 2004; 16: 181-190
- Counterfeit drugs and states' efforts to combat the problem.J Pharm Pract. 2006; 19: 165-170
- BC woman killed by fake drugs bought online: “Metal toxicity” from counterfeit pills reinforces danger of internet meds.Natl Rev Med. 2007; 4
- Counterfeit medicines: A threat to public health and safety.Louv Med. 2007; 126: S138-S142
- The ability of men to assess their suitability to take a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor: An assessment of the comprehension of patient information materials.J Sex Med. 2010; 7: 2217-2225
- Classification, location and legitimacy of web‐based suppliers of Viagra to the UK.Int J Pharm Pract. 2010; 18: 341-345
- Direct sale of sildenafil (Viagra) to consumers over the Internet [see comments].N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1389-1392
- Internet availability of prescription pharmaceuticals to the public.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 830-833
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA operation reveals many drugs promoted as “Canadian” products really originate from other countries. 2005. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/2005/ucm108534.htm (accessed August 16, 2012).
- Pharmaceutical counterfeiting.Analyst. 2005; 130: 271-279
Blok‐Tip L, Vogelpoel H, Vredenbregt MJ, Barends DM, de Kaste D. Counterfeits and imitations of Viagra® and Cialis® tablets: Trends and risks to public. A survey of the analyses carried out at the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the time period 2000–2004. 2005. Available at: http://www.rivm.nl/bibliotheek/rapporten/267041001.pdf (accessed August 16, 2012).
- A collaborative epidemiological investigation into the criminal fake artesunate trade in South East Asia.Plos Med. 2008; 5: e32
Venhuis BJ, Barends DM, Zwaagstra ME, de Kaste D. Recent developments in counterfeits and imitations of Viagra, Cialis and Levitra: A 2005–2006 update. 2007. Available at: http://www.rivm.nl/bibliotheek/rapporten/370030001.pdf (accessed August 16, 2012).