Strengths and Limitations
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- High submuscular placement of urologic prosthetic balloons and reservoirs via transscrotal approach.J Sex Med. 2013; 10: 603-610
- Placement of inflatable penile implants in patients with prior radical pelvic surgery: a literature review.Sex Med Rev. 2019; 7: 189-197
- The history of nontraditional or ectopic placement of reservoirs in prosthetic urology.Sex Med Rev. 2016; 4: 190-193
- Subcutaneous placement of inflatable penile prosthesis reservoirs.Urology. 2016; 88: 93-96
- Outcomes of alternative reservoir placement in the lateral retroperitoneum during inflatable penile prosthesis placement.Urology. 2021;
- Avoiding deep pelvic complications using a “Five-Step” technique for high submuscular placement of inflatable penile prosthesis reservoirs.BJU Int. 2020; 126: 457-463
- Current opinions on alternative reservoir placement for inflatable penile prosthesis among members of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America.J Sex Med. 2013; 10: 2115-2120
- Ectopic reservoir during inflatable penile implant surgery: is it now standard of care?.J Sex Med. 2017; 14: 316-317
- Counter incision is a safe and effective method for alternative reservoir placement during inflatable penile prosthesis surgery.Transl Androl Urol. 2020; 9: 2688-2696
- Ectopic penile prosthesis reservoir placement: an anatomic cadaver model of the high submuscular technique.J Sex Med. 2016; 13: 1425-1431
- Emerging complications following alternative reservoir placement during inflatable penile prosthesis placement: a 5-year multi-institutional experience.J Urol. 2019; 201: 581-586
- Explantation of high submuscular reservoirs: safety and practical considerations.J Sex Med. 2020; 17: 2488-2494
- Extended experience with high submuscular placement of urological prosthetic balloons and reservoirs: refined technique for optimal outcomes.Urology Practice. 2018; 5: 293-298
- High submuscular placement of urologic prosthetic balloons and reservoirs: 2-year experience and patient-reported outcomes.Urology. 2014; 84: 1535-1540
- High submuscular versus space of Retzius placement of inflatable penile prosthesis reservoirs: results of a surgeon survey.Can J Urol. 2014; 21: 7465-7469
- High-submuscular vs. space of Retzius reservoir placement during implantation of inflatable penile implants.Int J Impot Res. 2020; 32: 18-23
- Non-infectious reservoir-related complications during and after penile prosthesis placement.Sex Med Rev. 2019; 7: 521-529
- Outcomes of abdominal wall reservoir placement in inflatable penile prosthesis implantation: a safe and efficacious alternative to the space of Retzius.J Sex Med. 2014; 11: 605-612
- Reservoir alternate surgical implantation technique: preliminary outcomes of initial PROPPER study of low profile or spherical reservoir implantation in submuscular location or traditional prevesical space.J Urol. 2015; 193: 239-244
- A retrospective analysis of risk factors for IPP reservoir entry into the peritoneum after abdominal wall placement.Int J Impot Res. 2017; 29: 215-218
Khouri RK, Jr., Baumgarten AS, Ortiz NM, et al. Pressure regulating balloon herniation: a correctable cause of artificial urinary sphincter malfunction. Urology 2020;139:188-192.
Conflict of Interest: Dr. Allen Morey receives honoraria for being a guest lecturer/meeting participant for Boston Scientific and Coloplast Corp.